Innovating Innovation Efforts – improving how innovation is integrated.
The company has an extensive innovation program covering multiple countries. At the core, innovation workshops identify novel ideas for key challenges that the organisation is facing. The client was concerned about the format of the workshops and their ongoing impact, and so asked IIG to recommend how the workshop program could be enhanced.
- IIG attended a two-day Rio Tinto innovation workshop and reviewed the structure, approach and outcomes.
- We also conducted technology scouting activities across 15 universities to identify new technologies that could feed into the innovation workshop program.
- Extensive discussions with staff and technical consultants yielded valuable intelligence to inform the program.
- IIG prepared an assessment report which included comprehensive recommendations aimed at improving future workshops.
- The workshop format was revised to take into account the report’s recommendations.
- IIG was invited to facilitate the subsequent workshop as well as provide advice on other aspects of the innovation program.
Large and multinational companies we have worked with:
Dr Dean Moss CEO
UniQuest Pty Limited
Ryan Clerihew NuChem Pty Ltd
Gary Heyden Former Director of Deakin Research Commercial
Clint Ramsay Director of NeoRehab Pty Ltd
Peter Riikonen Director of BioHerbicides Australia Pty Ltd
Ross Patane Managing Partner, Crowe Horwath Australia