Sweetening the future – ideas for sustaining a traditional industry in a contemporary culture.
The sugar industry in Australia is facing a number of sustainability issues pertaining to the environment (e.g. the Great Barrier Reef) and market access (e.g. end-user corporate social responsibility sourcing sustainable sugar).
As an association, Canegrowers was keen to explore and workshop new sustainability ideas.
- IIG developed a program comprising pre workshop activities and a one day innovation workshop with 12 industry representatives.
- The workshop program was designed to identify ‘new to industry’ solutions.
- IIG’s approach generated 73 ‘new to industry’ ideas and 34 ‘currently doing but could be better’ ideas.
- These ideas were then refined into 5 ideas that could be implemented now and 5 ideas that could be implemented in the future with further R&D.
- Idea objective outlines were prepared to aid further internal discussions and prepare implementation plans.
Industry Associations we have worked with;
Dr Dean Moss CEO
UniQuest Pty Limited
Ryan Clerihew NuChem Pty Ltd
Gary Heyden Former Director of Deakin Research Commercial
Clint Ramsay Director of NeoRehab Pty Ltd
Peter Riikonen Director of BioHerbicides Australia Pty Ltd
Ross Patane Managing Partner, Crowe Horwath Australia