Taking allied health to anywhere in Australia and beyond
University-based clinical researchers developed a device and associated software to provide a telehealth platform for physiotherapy, speech therapy, audiology and occupational therapy.
The devices were being built by hand and sold to not-for-profit organisations such as Blue Care and Hear and Say.
Funding was required, along with the development of the next generation of devices for the Australian and international market.
- IIG helped NeoRehab apply for a Commercialisation Australia grant.
- Working closely with the technical team, IIG engaged design companies and software programmers to develop the next generation of the product.
- IIG’s extensive engagement with early adopters of the technology informed the direction of the designs and overall functionality of the system.
- The management team’s deliberate staged approach changed the strategy from a hardware focus (building custom hardware systems that were calibrated to the software) to a software-only focus.
- Secured grant funding of $245,000 to progress the software development activities.
- A US university is now using the technology in a clinical trial.
- A ‘hearing-related’ multinational is assessing the platform for delivery of support services.
Start-up companies we have worked with:
Dr Dean Moss CEO
UniQuest Pty Limited
Ryan Clerihew NuChem Pty Ltd
Gary Heyden Former Director of Deakin Research Commercial
Clint Ramsay Director of NeoRehab Pty Ltd
Peter Riikonen Director of BioHerbicides Australia Pty Ltd
Ross Patane Managing Partner, Crowe Horwath Australia