Engaging Innovative Thinkers – a team-based approach to innovation.
Moore Stephens was a mid-tier accounting firm that wanted to engage its employees in identifying innovative ways for improving processes and introducing new services to its clients (the company merged with Crowe Howarth in 2016).
Client requirements and expectations were changing and Moore Stephens recognised that it needed to reassess its business model to deliver true value.
The Partners acknowledged that a more structured approach to innovation would help with finding innovative ideas, as well as ensuring an effective implementation and evaluation process emerged.
- IIG established and implemented a Brightidea portal to allow staff to engage in an innovation round focussed on a key organisational challenge. Brightidea is an innovation management platform used by some of the world’s most innovative companies.
- In addition to web entry, mobile apps were used (ios and android) to facilitate and maximise staff engagement – particularly audit staff who are regularly out of the office.
- The solution enabled staff across seven offices throughout Queensland to engage in the process.
- The challenge round was open for 10 days with 119 staff logging onto the site. The round attracted 27 submitted ideas, more than 100 comments, and more than 400 votes.
- Using the Brightidea selection tools, senior management selected five ideas, for implementation.
SMEs we have worked with:
Dr Dean Moss CEO
UniQuest Pty Limited
Ryan Clerihew NuChem Pty Ltd
Gary Heyden Former Director of Deakin Research Commercial
Clint Ramsay Director of NeoRehab Pty Ltd
Peter Riikonen Director of BioHerbicides Australia Pty Ltd
Ross Patane Managing Partner, Crowe Horwath Australia