About the Impact Innovation Group
The Impact Innovation Group is a specialist innovation, technology commercialisation and start-up management consulting firm.
Managing Director Brian Ruddle formed the company in 2006 to help start-up companies turn ideas into income and to support inventors wanting to see their technologies transform industries and applications. Drawing on substantial experience working in both research organisations and private enterprise, the Impact Innovation Group has since strengthened and expanded its network to connect innovators with entrepreneurs. The company also supports SMEs, large and multinational organisations, government agencies, not for profit organisations, and industry associations.
In 2013, the Impact Innovation Group formalised its association with business advisory firm Moore Stephens (now owned by Crowe Horwath). That same year the company became the exclusive Australasian licensee of Brightidea, a US-based company with an innovation software platform designed to help organisations, from SMEs to global corporations, integrate innovation powerfully into their operations.
Impact Innovation Group introduced the InnoModules platform in 2014, comprising a range of tools and systems that build capacity in organisations to boost commercialisation and innovation outcomes. In 2015 a technology scouting platform called Enterprise Access was launched which, for the first time, enabled innovation seekers to discover Australia’s emerging technology potential in one place. Also in 2015, the Impact Innovation Group won the contract to design and deliver the Innovate Queensland program, an innovation skills and collaboration development initiative to reposition and enhance the State’s capacity, capability and confidence for innovation and technology commercialisation-led growth.
Impact Innovation Group is now a leading innovation and technology commercialisation company providing effective practical solutions across Australia and the world.
Our work is guided by the following values:
- Deliver each project with focused energy.
- Maintain an authentic passion for delivering outstanding measurable results
- Value the interdependence of innovative thinking, efficient performance and positive relationships.
- Ignite the passion for innovation in others.
- Empower our clients to make new things happen.
- Focus on the practical and get things done.
- Be driven to generate outcomes from ideas.
- Deliver what we promise.
- We are a collaborative team of specialists.
- Diverse capabilities strengthen our team.
- Partner with clients to achieve success.
- Reinvent tomorrow’s next best practice.
- Create smarter innovation solutions that deliver positive results.
- Everything we do is to create value within innovation-driven organisations of the future.
- Take the time to find smarter, more efficient and effective solutions.
- Empower others to achieve impact through innovation.
- Don’t just settle for the easy option.
- Our clients trust our intent and approach.
- We collaborate with them to effectively manage risk.
- Our clients trust our advice and integrity.
- We are honest with our clients, ensuring that we deliver authentic value.
The Impact Innovation Group has successfully delivered commercialisation, intellectual property and innovation management advice, services and training across key projects in such sectors as:
Cameron Johns Innovation Manager Cameron develops strategies for meeting the rapidly changing marketplace for all Australian enterprises at all stages of the business life-cycle. He has specialist skills in the execution of turn-around or realignment projects as well as capitalising on new markets or ideas. Over 20+ years as an innovation practitioner, Cameron has helped numerous inventors, start-ups and SMEs with business model development and capital raising. He has also facilitated collaborations between research organisations industry; and empowered not-for-profits to generate commercial success and sustainability. He has managed and piloted programs centred on innovation, advanced manufacturing, science, and technology to drive regional and national economic growth, for Australian and international development outcomes. His network across state and federal governments has led to delivering programs on small business, innovation, and commercialisation. Cameron’s experience includes senior executive appointments, board memberships, business ownership and start-up director roles.
Dr Dean Moss CEO
UniQuest Pty Limited
Ryan Clerihew NuChem Pty Ltd
Gary Heyden Former Director of Deakin Research Commercial
Clint Ramsay Director of NeoRehab Pty Ltd
Peter Riikonen Director of BioHerbicides Australia Pty Ltd
Ross Patane Managing Partner, Crowe Horwath Australia